- Gathering of Personally-Identifying Information
- Aggregated Statistics
- Protection of Certain Personally-Identifying Information
- How to control cookies
- Responsibility of Contributors
Cloudbase Solutions SRL (“Cloudbase Solutions”) operates cloudbase.it, ask.cloudbase.it, wiki.cloudbase.it, generally known as THE WEBSITE. It is our policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect while operating our websites.
Like most website operators, Cloudbase Solutions collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. Cloudbase Solutions’ purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how Cloudbase Solutions’ visitors use its website. From time to time, Cloudbase Solutions may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
Cloudbase Solutions also collects potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses for logged in users and for users leaving comments on cloudbase.it blogs/sites. Cloudbase Solutions only discloses logged in user and commenter IP addresses under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information as described below, except that commenter IP addresses and email addresses are visible and disclosed to the administrators of the blog/site where the comment was left.
Gathering of Personally-Identifying Information
Certain visitors to Cloudbase Solutions’ websites choose to interact with Cloudbase Solutions in ways that require Cloudbase Solutions to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that Cloudbase Solutions gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, we ask visitors who sign up at cloudbase.it to provide a username and email address. Those who engage in transactions with Cloudbase Solutions are asked to provide additional information, including as necessary the personal and financial information required to process those transactions. In each case, Cloudbase Solutions collects such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of the visitor’s interaction with Cloudbase Solutions. Cloudbase Solutions does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below. And visitors can always refuse to supply personally-identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities.
Cloudbase Solutions may collect statistics about the behavior of visitors to its websites. Cloudbase Solutions may display this information publicly or provide it to others. However, Cloudbase Solutions does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below.
Protection of Certain Personally-Identifying Information
Cloudbase Solutions discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on Cloudbase Solutions’ behalf or to provide services available at Cloudbase Solutions’ websites, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using Cloudbase Solutions’ websites, you consent to the transfer of such information to them. Cloudbase Solutions will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone. Other than to its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations, as described above, Cloudbase Solutions discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request, or when Cloudbase Solutions believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Cloudbase Solutions, third parties or the public at large. If you are a registered user of an Cloudbase Solutions website and have supplied your email address, Cloudbase Solutions may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what’s going on with Cloudbase Solutions and our products. If you send us a request (for example via email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users. Cloudbase Solutions takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.
Enabling these cookies is not strictly necessary for the website to work and won’t change the browsing experience. You can delete or block these cookies, but if you do that some features of this site may not work as intended.
The cookie-related information is not used to identify you personally and the pattern data is fully under our control. These cookies are not used for any purpose other than those described here.
How to control cookies
You can control and/or delete cookies as you wish – for details, see http://www.aboutcookies.org/. You can delete all cookies that are already on your computer and you can set most browsers to prevent them from being placed. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some services and functionalities may not work.
Responsibility of Contributors
If you comment on a blog, ask a question, post material to the Website, post links on the Website, or otherwise make (or allow any third party to make) material available by means of the Website (any such material, “Content”), You are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content. That is the case regardless of whether the Content in question constitutes text, graphics, an audio file, or computer software. By making Content available, you represent and warrant that:
- the downloading, copying and use of the Content will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark or trade secret rights, of any third party;
- if your employer has rights to intellectual property you create, you have either (i) received permission from your employer to post or make available the Content, including but not limited to any software, or (ii) secured from your employer a waiver as to all rights in or to the Content;
- you have fully complied with any third-party licenses relating to the Content, and have done all things necessary to successfully pass through to end users any required terms;
- the Content does not contain or install any viruses, worms, malware, Trojan horses or other harmful or destructive content;
- the Content is not spam, is not machine- or randomly-generated, and does not contain unethical or unwanted commercial content designed to drive traffic to third party sites or boost the search engine rankings of third party sites, or to further unlawful acts (such as phishing) or mislead recipients as to the source of the material (such as spoofing);
- the Content is not pornographic, does not contain threats or incite violence towards individuals or entities, and does not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party;
- your blog is not getting advertised via unwanted electronic messages such as spam links on newsgroups, email lists, other blogs and web sites, and similar unsolicited promotional methods;
- your blog is not named in a manner that misleads your readers into thinking that you are another person or company. For example, your blog’s URL or name is not the name of a person other than yourself or company other than your own; and
- you have, in the case of Content that includes computer code, accurately categorized and/or described the type, nature, uses and effects of the materials, whether requested to do so by Cloudbase Solutions or otherwise.
By submitting Content to Cloudbase Solutions for inclusion on your Website, you grant Cloudbase Solutions a world-wide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, modify, adapt and publish the Content solely for the purpose of displaying, distributing and promoting your blog. If you delete Content, Cloudbase Solutions will use reasonable efforts to remove it from the Website, but you acknowledge that caching or references to the Content may not be made immediately unavailable.
Without limiting any of those representations or warranties, Cloudbase Solutions has the right (though not the obligation) to, in Cloudbase Solutions’ sole discretion (i) refuse or remove any content that, in Cloudbase Solutions’ reasonable opinion, violates any Cloudbase Solutions policy or is in any way harmful or objectionable, or (ii) terminate or deny access to and use of the Website to any individual or entity for any reason, in Cloudbase Solutions’ sole discretion. Cloudbase Solutions will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid.